Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mr. Lincoln

It takes me forever to do blog postings now because I don't know how to transfer pictures from the new camera. Well, I'm sure I could, but then I'd have to touch it and it is still scary. Last month, Hayden was Abraham Lincoln for the 'Wax Museum' at his school. He learned all kinds of facts about President Lincoln and could recite his lines, word for word, when you pushed the button on his hand.

Finding an outfit wasn't easy this time of year, but we did pretty well (thanks to Aunt Jen). He had the beard on at one point. He really was spectacular. Our friend Denise and I had a great time at that museum. We would have stayed longer, but Jake was obsessed with Van Gogh's paint props and wouldn't leave him (her) alone. So for the sake of the integrity of Van Gogh, Betsy Ross, Ben Franklin, President Lincoln and the others, we left. I'm so proud of how hard he works in school. He is almost done with the third grade. There is only one male teacher at his school, and he teaches fourth grade. The chance of Hayden getting that teacher worries him. It kind of cracks me up. We'll keep you posted.
Quick update on Jake:

He eats Pizza Lunchables for breakfast

He tried to steal all the money out of the tip jar at Jamba Juice yesterday while I was paying.

Baths are the best thing that has ever happened to him.

He knows all the titles of the "Team Umizoomi" episodes we have recorded, and he now requests them by name.

Heaven help you if you cannot understand which episode he is requesting.

He is obsessed with carrying around our paperback copy of "Xenocide" by Orson Scott Card.

He has been three for a week now and he really acts his age. :)



No comments: