
(Notice the serious expression on Hayden's face. This party is serious business)
So Hayden is turning 7 at the end of this month. He wants a friend party this year, not a family party. I'm all sorts of stressed out about it. His birthday is in fall, a tricky time in Utah for weather. I'm afraid if I do my original plan of renting a huge inflated something or other, that it will rain and the kids won't be able to use it. The same problem applies to my other plan of taking the kids to Boondocks. I'm obsessing over it. I checked out the Outdoor Weather Planner at KSL and everything. Historically the chance of rain that day is around 14%. That's low right? I'm really stressed because I'm a mommy that wants him to be happy and I'm terrified that something will go terribly wrong. Like no kids show up, or Hayden screams "I hate this present" every time he opens a gift, or Hayden gets bored at his own party and tells everyone to leave (that seriously could happen, I'm not just making stuff up to stress about). I thought typing this blog about the party would help relieve some stress. I was wrong. I don't' need to type. I need some chocolate. Or cookies. Or chocolate chip cookies. I finally go back to work today after my 13 days off. There are lots of cookies at work. I'm sure I'll plan the perfect party tonight at 9 during my break, while I eat a Kit-Kat or pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from the bakery. Sugar clears my mind. That's my story and sticking to it. Wish me luck.
4 comments:
Oh the stress I have to look forward to. Whatever happened to the good ole' days of going to the skating rink and eating pizza? Good luck and happy planning!
Heather,
Your haircut is really cute. I love that style. I am sure the b-day party will be a success. Good luck!!!!
That is exactly why we do the kids parties at Jungle Jim's every year. It's indoors, yes but they have plenty of rides and it's perfect for their age group 3-8. It's like a very mini-Lagoon. The food is terrible though (pizza is like cardboard). The kids never mind but us adults usually do.
Yes, chocolate is a cure all. I agree 100%. In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere it is. Oh, yes I just wrote it. Since it is now in print it MUST be true. Its on the internet afterall. ;D
Post a Comment