Friday, May 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Point

Do you ever realize that you live in Utah and you've never been to certain local attractions that tourists come here to see? Well I am one of those people. I'm trying to reform. I'm starting slowly. We went to the gardens at Thanksgiving Point today. When we first got there we laughed at the golf cart rentals. Then we got halfway through the gardens. Boy oh boy, we sure weren't laughing then. It's huge. Seriously huge, but beautiful. I'm sure when all the tulips were blooming in spring it was gorgeous.
I love this statue
Here is the entrance to the Secret Garden. Have you ever read that book? Well the designer of this garden must have because it's just what you'd imagine a secret garden to be. I could have stayed there all day.









Brandon and I taking a picture while Hayden wandered away (don't worry, we found him)



Isn't he sweet?


Those fish were hungry. If Hayden had gotten his toes any closer to the water he'd be missing a few.





The Children's Garden


Jake testing the waters


Hayden giving me a performance


I just really liked these ducks



I told Hayden to make a face like the bear
We are now on our way to becoming better Utahns.... I'll let you know if we ever make it to Moab.

1 comment:

HeRoosSheRoos said...

I love the pictures. It looks like you had the perfect day! The Secret Garden was my VERY favorite books growing up-it's one of the few books that I've read more than once. We'll have to check out Thanksgiving Point!