Monday, July 27, 2009

Second Grade

Today is the first day of second grade for Hayden. The first day of school is hard for me every year. I worry that he won't have everything he needs, that he will hate his teacher, that he won't like where he's sitting. Hayden, on the other hand, was fine. He wasn't worried that he didn't know how to pronounce his teachers name, or that he didn't know for sure where his classroom was. Kindergarten and first grade were easier for me because they have that little introductory period before they jump right into school. You get to meet the teacher and have a little orientation first. By second grade they figure you've got it down so they just mail you a teachers name and the date for the first day and off you go. So I'm sitting in my quiet house (baby's nap time) worrying about him. It was kind of sad for me to watch him line up with his other classmates and walk into the school, following their new teacher. I watched until I couldn't see his backpack anymore and left with Brandon, holding Jake. I'm sure he'll love it and maybe by next week I'll love it too.

No comments: